The Székely couple began their collaboration with André Borderie in 1948 in their workshop in Bures-sur-Yvette. From this date the group signs its works with a monogram in the shape of a cross composed of an S, a Z and a B or simply “Szekely-Borderie”. During the first years, the group realized mainly religious creations. Gradually, they turned to ceramics with more abstract designs, including distributed by the Mai Gallery. This common work ends in 1957.